STEP ONE – Designate a Canyon Data Administrator
If you have not already done so, designate someone within your company to be in charge of managing your Canyon Data license(s). This Canyon Data Administrator helps in at least three ways:
- When an authorized user leaves your company, your Canyon Data Administrator calls Canyon Data to terminate the person’s Canyon Data access.
- When more users or site licenses are needed, your Canyon Data Administrator notifies Canyon Data.
- Your Canyon Data Administrator makes sure that your team understands the broad usage rights and specific prohibitions that apply to your Canyon Data services.
STEP TWO – Review Your License
Look at your initial license and any amendments to determine
- How many sites are authorized under your Canyon Data license (“Authorized Sites”)
- How many users are authorized under your Canyon Data license (“Authorized Users”)
Then identify which sites and which individuals are currently designated as Authorized Sites and
Authorized Users under your license. If you need assistance with this, contact Canyon Data
Sales/Account Executive and/or Canyon Data Customer Service.
STEP THREE – Audit Your Usage
Are any of your Authorized Users based at a site that is not licensed?
- Do the total number of your partners, brokerage, research, sales, appraisal, or other similar personnel performing tasks exceed the number of Canyon Data Authorized Users?
- Do any of the individuals designated as Authorized Users under your license work for a separate company with commercial real estate information needs?
- Does your company provide any photos or information to listing services or other information providers without appropriate policies and procedures in place to ensure that you do not provide photos or information obtained from Canyon Data?
- Does your company populate an internal database of commercial real estate information without appropriate policies and procedures in place to ensure that you do not incorporate any photos or information obtained from Canyon Data without permission?
- Are any of your Authorized Users sharing their passcodes?
STEP FOUR – Contact Canyon Data
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions in Step Three, immediately contact Canyon Data at